Friday, March 14, 2014

What prevents creative work from getting done? Resistance.

I'd like to share some more thoughts about experiencing resistance while trying to keep up creative work. Sometimes, indeed, resistance stands between me and my creativity. In order to find my way around it, I find it helpful to Identify and define what is going on. Pressfield is doing that wonderfully:

"What are the characteristics of Resistance?
Resistance can not be seen, touched, heard, or smelled. But it can be felt. We experience it as an energy field radiating from a work-in-potential. It’s negative. It’s aim is to shove us away, distract us, prevent us from doing our work."
From the book: The War of Art by Steven Pressfield


*********************
Building a better understanding between creatives and non-creatives is one of my missions. 

Share this post to help, because family and close friends of creative people are curious about the creative process. They want to understand and support it, they need the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment